Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been sleeping with a cool mist humidifier right next…

Customer Question
i have been sleeping with...
i have been sleeping with a cool mist humidifier right next to my bed for the past 2 weeks, and now in the past few days i feel like my lungs are sore, and i keep coughing, almost like i have water in my lungs - is this possible?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

thank you

I'm sorry you are coughing. Using a cool mist humidifier should make you feel better unless the water tank has become contaminated and needs to be cleaned. The other possibility is that you have developed bronchitis which needs additional medication such as an inhaler or steroid or both. May I suggest you schedule an appointment with your doctor and in the meantime, keep a cough drop or hard candy in your mouth to help relieve your cough. The only other possibility, which is highly doubtful is that you have developed congestive heart failure. If that is a possibility, your doctor will be able to determine this and provide appropriate treatment.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?