Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Welllll. Woke up this morning with dull pain in the left…

Woke up this morning...

Woke up this morning with dull pain in the left testicle coupled with what appears to be abdominal pain and gas.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It occurred this morning when i woke up. 3 hours now. When i pass gas it seems to feel a bit better. but when i touch the testicle pain is triggered

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a UTI last friday and have been on CIPRO since then.

3/8/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Excellent

Is there any swelling of the testis?

Which tests did you have so far?

How many doses of Cipro have you taken so far?

Is there any improvement in UTI symptoms?

Swelling is not visually present.
No tests have been administered. The pain occurred this morning for the first time.
The UTI symptoms have completely subsided.
I have taken 12 doses of cipro thus far.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Pain in the testicle can occur from a few causes.
Infection or inflammation is a common cause.
It often causes swelling.
As you are on CIPRO, infection is less common.
The other causes can be trauma.
Sometimes it can be referred pain from other organ like urinary colic, radiculopathy.
Prostate pain can be referred here too.
You can take Motrin for pain.
Please keep the testis well supported.
If the symptom persists, I would advise to consult doctor to have an examination.
Doctor can take a few tests like an ultrasound to know the precise cause and have a management plan.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Excellent. Thank you for your assistance. Should I wear more snug underwear instead of loose boxers?

You are always welcome.

You can wear it.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)