Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been suffering with a problem for a while. I used to be…

I've been suffering with...

I've been suffering with a problem for a long while. I used to be anorexic but then I recovered from my self induced vomiting. A few months ago I tried to get back to the ha it because I'd gained weight, but it was too much to handle. Now after I eat, the food tends to come back to my throat, I don't spit it out as I used to but I instead indulge in the nice taste, chew it up again and swallow it. It can happen several times after a meal, and sometimes its really bad because it happens after I've had a meal along with medicine. Now I've noticed my stomach grumbles so much and I fart more than usual and it has a horrible stench of methane, its so hard to control at times and now it has become more of an impulse, the food just comes up my throat and into my mouth without me trying. Please help me doctor, advise me how to leave this habit behind and get back to healthy living.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take medicine for epilepsy, keppra and lamictal, along with supplements of iron, omega 3 and calcium for my weak bones

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have anaemia, I gain weight very easily, at the moment I have some sores that keep recurring under my right chin, my bones were shown to be very weak on the xray, I sometimes wonder if it had anything to do with my anorexia, as a result, I fractured my foot in 2016

3/8/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hello. Thank you for your patience. I am so sorry for the long wait, but I have been busy taking care of patients and have just now come online. Would you like my help with your question today?

Hi Dr. Phil, I understand, I can only imagine how busy it gets. Yes please, I'd really appreciate if you could

have you tried cutting out the vitamins?

I haven't tried that because I feel very drowsy without the iron vitamins, would you recommend it?

I would try it

that might be one of the few things that helps

especially iron

if you need it you can always get an iron infusion

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Alright, thank you Dr.Phil, I'll let you knkw how it goes