Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a head pimple on penis and have picture to share with…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a white head pimple on penis and have picture to share with dr

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/8/2018
Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 4 months ago
doctor_charles

Hi there,
I am Dr. Charles- it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 4 months ago

Is it painful to touch?

Do you have associated itching?

Please share picture.

Burning urination?

Did this appeared after unprotected sex with unknown partner?

Thank you

Have uploaded pic. No pain during urination
Protected sex
Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 4 months ago

Dear customer,

Thank you for your quick reply.

This sounds to be Folliculitis. It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.

This does not sound like an STD or anything else serious.

Please keep an eye if it is no better in a week, than you would need oral antibiotics from your doctor.

Most likely, it would get resolve with below measures-

You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.

You can try over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to affected area. You should gently wash the infected skin twice a day with antibacterial soap or apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment.

You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.

You should not share your towels or washcloths, and launder them in plenty of hot, soapy water after every use.

Usually such symptoms will get resolve in a week by these tips.

I hope this helped.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen if this interaction has been satisfactory.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr. Charles

Did you make assessment based on photo
Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes, i have seen picture, and gone through all details.

As a Physician, I can say that it doesn't looks to be serious issue. You can start with measures, as discussed in previous post, and wait for 1 week.

Most likely such symptoms would get resolve in 1 week.

Take care.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work.

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have any other follow up question?

I am happy to help you further if you have any question.

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

Just trying to make sure this isn’t an std
Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 4 months ago

I have gone through picture and all details.

It is most likely case of Folliculitis. It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.

No need to get panic. It is a quite common issue, and usually would get resolve with measures, as discussed in previous post. Please be relaxed.

Just start with measures, as discussed in previous post.

Thank you

It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 4 months ago

Dear customer

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr.Charles

Doctor: doctor_charles,
 replied 4 months ago

Dear customer

It was my pleasure to help you today.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Dr. Charles