Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Ive had an ongoing infection recently so my immune system is…

Customer Question
Hi Ive had an...

Hi Ive had an ongoing infection recently so my immune system is very low at the moment and I am experiencing extreme vaginal and anal itching

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No loss of appetite or fever and no rash just constantly itchy and there is no discharge either

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Around three weeks now and when I’m laid in the bath it seems to ease I’ve stopped putting soap etc in my bath as I thought this may irritate it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The infection that’s been on going has been both fungal and bacterial but it’s been around my ears and face I just wondered if maybe it had spread

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Ok thankyou

I'm sorry you have symptoms of a vaginal and rectal infection. You are correct to have stopped using bath salts/soap in the water as these can be irritating. Since there is no vaginal/anal discharge, the problem is more irritation than infection. There are several things you can do to help this. First purchase over the counter Aveeno Oilated Bath and the second is purchase over the counter 1% Hydrocortisone Cream. Add the Aveeno to your bath water and soak 20 minutes twice daily. After you dry, Apply the Cortisone Cream to the involved areas. This should take about 7 days to resolve, but if not, then schedule an appointment with your doctor for evaluation and possible prescription medication. Also, wear 100% cotton underwear only, any nylon or polyester fabric can cause irritation.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

No thanks

If you got a request for "Premium Service" which is automated by the site, you can ignore it, unless wanted.

Any additional questions, thoughts?