Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Helo. I feel painless tingling in my body ... I dont know…

I feel painless tingling...

I feel painless tingling in my body ...

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I dont know what it is..... but its like a wormlike sensation .. somethings through my leg , my hands , my neck .

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Oh no.. nothing ... no swelling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have not been sick for the past 5 years... the only time i was sick was malaria.. and it took not less than 3 days to cure

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Since when is this tingling, worm like sensation?

Were any investigations done for it?

I am 30 yrs .. I started having this feeling for some years now..

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Ok .. the tingling is actually painless.... I don't feel any pains in my body .. it's like a vibration ..

Your symptoms can be due to polyneuropathy.

Following investigations should be done by your primary care physician or a neurologist;

1) Electromyography/nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS)

2) MRI of the spine and brain

3) blood glucose, glucose tolerance test and glycosylated hemoglobin

4) serum B12 level with methylmalonic acid (with or without homocysteine),

5) serum protein electrophoresis

6) Anti-nuclear antibody

7) Lyme testing

8) Rheumatoid factor

9) Sjogren's syndrome testing (Anti-Ro, Anti-La Antibodies)

Skin and nerve biopsy may be recommended after the results of these investigations.

This should give the diagnosis and guidelines for the management.

Following are the causes of polyneuropathy;

1) Diabetes

2) An underactive thyroid gland

3) Excessive use of alcohol

4) Thiamine deficiency

5) Vitamin B 12 deficiency (pernicious anemia)

6) Vitamin B 6 (pyridoxine) taken in excessive amounts

7) Drugs, medications, herbs

8) Autoimmune diseases

9) Heavy metals such as lead and mercury.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Good morning doctor. I just took a random glucose test and it was 160 .. I drunk tea in the morning . And I went to the doctor to explain my situation he did take run a random glucose test on me .
It was 4 hours after drinking tea in the morning .. that was when he took the test and he said to me I am not diabetic.

A blood sugar level of 160 is considered as high after 4 hours of drinking tea. This is considered as almost fasting level.

You may get the following investigations too;

1) HbA1c; this tells about the average blood sugar of last 3 months.

2) Blood sugar after 1 hour of meal.

These are better indicator of screening diabetes.

Well from what also Happened the nurse who took my blood sample did not allow me to was my hands. Or clean my hands she just went ahead to inject my fingers ..

This may not cause high blood sugar.Usual fasting blood sugar is less than 100.

with this 160 figure I have means I am diabetic..... but some.ariticles i read says a random figure should be around 79-
.. if I have high figures can it be reversed ...

Just this one level one time does not diagnose diabetes.

You need other investigations discussed for the confirmation.

This can be reversed by physical activity, weight reduction and dietary measures.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

God bless.

Any suggestion of physical activities and dietary measures
Well i am shocked... I weight 70kg .... I will.work on reducing it.
.

You need 30 minutes walk everyday.

The basic fundamental of the diabetic diet is to consume low carbohydrate and low fat diet Also avoid sugar and fried food. Following is a sample diet;

Breakfast;

1 Cup Cooked Oatmeal
Omelet (3 Egg Whites, 1 Slice Cheese, 1 Cup Broccoli)
Green tea
Orange or apple

Lunch

Light Tuna one can
Orange or Apple
3-4 slices of whole wheat bread
Water or Diet Soda

Snack

Brazil nuts

Dinner

One cup whole wheat pasta
Two chicken breasts
One cup of cooked cauliflower
Half Cup Marinara Sauce
Water

The general dietary advice would be;

1) Dietary fiber; Soluble fiber is present in foods such as beans, oats, barley, and fruits and vegetables.

2) Phytosterols; Phytosterols are present in small amounts in nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils. There are many products on the market that contain phytosterols for total- and LDL-C lowering. These products are orange juice, yogurt, margarine spreads, salad dressings, breads, cereals, milk, and granola bars. Phytosterols also are available in soft-gel pills.

3) Soy protein is healthy.

5) Alcohol; if one takes, limit it to 20-30 ml per day.

Following dietary pattern may be helpful;

1) Red meat in low frequency and amounts

2) Minimally processed seasonally fresh foods

3) Less than five eggs per week

4) An abundance of plant foods; fruits, vegetables, potatoes, breads, grains, beans, nuts, and seeds

5) Olive oil as the principal source of dietary fat

6) Fresh fruits as the typical daily dessert

7) Wine in low to moderate amounts; two glass per day for men.

Also read these authentic resource for the diabetic diet;

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/diabeticdiet.html

http://diabetes.webmd.com/guide/sample-meal-plan

Ok so with this . I could be able to lower my sugar level ... and become healthy.. I have no signs of diabetes.... I urine less than 5 times a day .... sore heals very fast .. I will stay on this diet . I am 70kg I weight .... so after I am able to.reduce glucose level . I can come back to eating normal..

Yes, your sugar is likely to be normal, by these measures.

I usually feel tingling in my wholebody sometimes.. when i sit at one place for long
Hello doctor i went to the hospital today . And had my glucose checked 4 hrs after eating .. I cleaned my hands and had It tested again and it came down to 130....
My blood count was good.. but my blood pressure was high at 140.. I got so nervous and scared when I am.checking my blood pressure.. the other time I.was at the hospital It was 117 ... on several occasions I have been to the hospital It has been normal..