Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 66 years old and have had pain in my prostate since 20…

I'm 66 years old...

I'm 66 years old and have had pain in my prostate since 20 years old.I am still a virgin and have little desire for sex.I have severe problems with erections and ejaculations.My testosterone levels have always been on the low normal side.At age 20 years my prostate hurt unbearably for months after being tested by a urologist. Now it hurts permanently causing me to urinate every half hour.I've never had an infection.It doesn't hurt to urinate but only to hold it.I take synthroid medicine and cymbalta for depression although the constant pain is depressing.I don't experience nighttime erections and not stimulated by porn or girls during the daytime even though I still look.Doctors take the easy way out by saying psychological.I desire female companionship and would get marrried if I improve.I neither drink,smoke or use drugs.I was a mechanic for 30 years and am now retired.My life has been miserable due to pain and tiredness.Please help!

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

Constant pain never goes away

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No.I've seen many doctors and urulogists during my lifetime.

3/8/2018
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Have you tried any medications?

You can try tamsulosin - it is used for chronic pelvic pain and prostate pain.

There are several medications for erectile dysfunction - virga is the most popular. However, there are several other options.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Scott, Doctor
Dr. Scott, Doctor