Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up about 20 minutes ago with some stomach. I went to…

Hello. I woke up...

Hello. I woke up about 20 minutes ago with some stomach. I went to use the restroom and I began to vomit and poop at the same time.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

It just started

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I began using itWorks weight loss products for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I’m not sure if that caused it but that’s all I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
How many times did you vomit or passed stool?
Do you have any other symptom? fever?
Any other past illness?
Did you take any medicine?

Female. Only once but I feel as though I may have to pass stool again. I don’t have a fever or any other symptoms. No past illnesses and I’m not taking any medication.
I am 22

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a few causes.
There can be an infection developing.
In most cases it is viral.
It usually gets over in 2- 3 days.
Sometimes bacterial & other infections can be there.
Indigestion is a possibility too.
Please try to take plenty of fluid & electrolytes like oral rehydration fluid, gatorade.
This would prevent dehydration.
Please take bland diet.
You can take peptobismol now.
It will reduce diarrhea, vomiting.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Thank you