Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had bronchitis for nine days now. It's not the cough…

Hello, I have had...

Hello, I have had bronchitis for nine days now. It's not the cough that's getting to me, it's all the other symptoms. I had body aches and a fever, although both seem to have stopped. I have been taking azithromicyn for six days. I still feel ill. Stuffy nose, lack of appetite, malaise, restlessness. I'm also beginning to get anxiety from being sick so long. Can this really take this long to feel better?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Since last Tuesday. Noh nothing I do makes a difference.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

asthma, under control with albuterol

3/8/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay

Did you finish Azithromycin?

Do you take any other medicine besides albuterol and Azithromycin?

Did you have any test?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am still taking it, I was given it for ten days. I am going to start a steroid pack tomorrow morning. I have been xrayed, and no pneumonia. everything was positive for bronchitis. I'm just freaking out badly because I'm still feeling this bad and it's been over a week. I can handle a cough, but not wanting to eat and feeling ill is really getting to me
Can this really last this long?

Please wait, I am writing your answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry my computer is not updating the page correctly. It's been having problems. take your time

Thank you for the input.
I understand your concern.
Post illness malaise can continue for a longtime.
Loss of appetite is a common symptom.
Try to take more liquid, semisolid food.
Fresh vegetables, fruits are good.
After starting steroid pack your symptoms can improve a lot.
Try to have more rest, adequate sleep.
For stuffy nose zyrtec can be taken.
You should not worry.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. Thank you I appreciate it. Have a good night

You are welcome.

Hope you will improve soon.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so do I.
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)