Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question in regards to anal symptom I’m

I have a question...

I have a question in regards ***** ***** symptom I’m experiencing

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes and none

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

What symptoms are you experiencing? How long are you having these symptoms?

I get red bumps approximately half an inch from my anus. They do not hurt or itch. When I wipe I notice bright red blood on the toilet paper. I’ve been having the bleeding off and on for a year but just noticed the red bumps within the last month. I have pictures of that would help

Yes, you can upload the picture.

I’m having trouble sending. Is there a limit ?
Never mind, I’ve figured it out . Sending a few More
Here’s the rest

Thanks for the information. It looks like folliculitis. It's not directly related to anal opening. It's infection of hair follicle. Since it's bothering you for a while, I suggest you to see your doctor and get prescription antibiotics to get rid of it.

If you also see blood off and on after passing stool, that might be related to hemorrhoids, which can present like that. OTC preparation H is very helpful.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that Ican get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

The blood comes directly from the red bump/red area I sent you. Can folicilitis cause bleeding ?

Yes, when they burst, pus or blood can come out.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from occurring ?

You can get antibiotics cream from your doctor. If it's a recurrent problem, then you doctor may prescribe oral antibiotics. Avoid friction or skin irritation in that area and do no weak tight undergarment.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor