Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is 81 years old and has aPSA level of 24. how…

My husband is 81...

My husband is 81 years old and has aPSA level of 24. how serious is this.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No symptoms of any kind other than possibly 3 trips to the bathroom at night.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is diabetic type 2 since the last 4 months

3/7/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.

Previously had her husband made the PSA?

Allow me a moment while I write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

estimated, in the case of her husband for 81 years and present a PSA in 24 should be thought of an inflammation of the prostate, which can occur for various reasons by infectious, chronic inflammatory by age or some tumor pathology, in this I am not impressed by the seriousness so you should not be alarmed because your husband does not have any important urinary symptoms such as pain or inability to urinate. but in the same way some conditions must be ruled by complying with the protocols,
In this case it is necessary to perform a prostatic ultrasound to see the characteristics of the prostate so we can orient ourselves and by protocol should suggest a biopsy to rule out a probable prostatic beninga hyperplasia.
If it is a prostatic beninga hyperplasia that is most likely to be followed up during the year and associate medication to control the inflammatory process of the prostate.
But by the results of the PSA at this time we can only orient ourselves to the existence of an inflammatory process in the prostate to which we must follow up with these values.

I remain attentive if you have any further questions, if you do not have any I hope this information is useful., we would appreciate remember your evaluation of the answer by clicking on 5 stars rating at the top of the screen. Thank you!

Regards.

two or three previous PSA counts were between 12 and 13 but as this one was raised a bone scan has been done but are awaiting resulsts. What does binanga hypoplasia mean?

I meant benign hyperplasia Prostatic, which is an inflammation of the prostate and is the most likely cause, is associated with the age of the patient

I believe that you should not be alarmed because you do not have clinical symptoms such as those mentioned but you still have to perform prostatic ultrasound and biopsy to confirm the diagnosis, all this must be done by protocol.

Edgar Rubio Villegas