Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have IBSC.... The two medicines my PCP wanted to try are

I have IBSC.... The two medicines my PCP wanted to try are way to expensive for me. Enough after insurance. She suggested that I use Maralax. A full does nightly was cause my stool to go from normal to watery with in a day or two. She suggested I only do 1/2 dose. This is still causing issues. Not as bad but bad enough that I have to carry extra clothes. I have had a colonoscopy 3years ago when I had none stop loose stools for 4months. The test only showed one spot of diverticulitis. I have blotting and abdominal pain to the point I do lamauz breathing. Once the stools are like water the pain stops. Today however I noticed in one of movements a yellow round object that looked like a pill. Because I was concerned I got it out (it was floating) it seemed to be hard but when I added pressure it popped. It had whitish yellow discharge and a bad oder. What is this and Should I be concerned? y
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take blood pressure medication (Norvac)a water pill, birth control pill and Wilbutrin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My mother has IBS and my Dad had colitis

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

most likely it was a mucus plug or mucus cyst from your bowels.

have you tried eating prunes daily or drinking prune juice daily to help your IBS constipation?

eating more fruits and vegetables could help your bowels.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not tried prunes. I really don't like them. I eat fruit most days. I've tried a fiber supplements but they make me blotted and crampy

eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more water can often help constipation

prunes and prune juice can help as well if you don't want to take daily laxatives.

you need to fix this constipation to help your pain. you can also take colace 100-200mg docusate sodium stool softener which could help you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not at this time. I can't afford the $50 dollars right now

no, you don't have to accept the additional phone consult service charges.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** try your recommendations . My Drs office closed and I in the process of finding a new PCP. I appreciate your help.

you are welcome

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com