Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

11 Doctors online now. Type your question here

......
11 Doctors online now. Type your question here ...
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Recently diagnosed with gerd and hiatal hernia . Also having sometime explosive diarrhea sometimes formed and have gut aches off and on. And pain in xyphoid process area. And also have ibs.
3/7/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have these symptoms.

improving your diet and keeping a food diary of what you eat could help with your symptoms

avoiding gluten, pasta, bread and white flour could help your bowels and diarrhea

avoiding milk and lactose can help as well.

stomach acid reducers like zantac and prilosec could help your pain in the xyphoid process which is often due to excessive stomach acid.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was thinking it could be colon cancer I very worried

no, your symptoms would not be due to colon cancer at your age.

colon cancer would bleed and cause blood in all of your bowel movements.

we don't tend to see colon cancer in patients your age either.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you just saw an article about how colon cancer was affecting younger people to and got scared.

you are welcome

your symptoms don't point to colon cancer.

you can a see a doctor and get stool testing for blood

I would work on improving your diet and cutting out carbs and gluten and white flour and milk and seeing if your bowel movements get better. I bet they will

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I definitly need to loose weight im only hurting myself. I have thyroid issues to do weights always been an issue.

I have thyroid hormone problems as well

it can be difficult to get your thyroid hormone levels normal

improving and changing your diet is the most important part of loosing weight, more important than exercise.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Plus I have 2 kids and 2 jobs so I eat more fast food then I should and that's definitely not going to help my stomach or my diet. Thank you again

you are welcome

I know about being busy as well. bring your food, packing more protein, nuts, fiber, fruits and vegetables can help you improve your diet on the run.

I would not stress about colon cancer.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician