Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I get frequent migraines, and usually when they happen my…

I get frequent migraines, and...
I get frequent migraines, and usually when they happen my forehead feels like it is burning up. It feels like when I have a cold and have a lot of sinus build up, but it happens all the time. I tends to happen a lot when I get over heated. Is this something to worry about? I am a 24 yr old female.
3/7/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.

Please provide some additional information.
Do you take any medications?
suffers from some disease '
have you presented stress?
the migraine gives in with analgesic?
How much time do you have with these symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not take any medicine other than occasionally ibuprofen when on my period. I do not suffer from any disease other than anxiety disorder, tho I haven't been to a doctor since 2011. I am not very stressed in my day to day life. I do not know what analgesic is. The migraines can last as long as 6 hours but mostly are gone within only one.

Dear *****ient, for the symptoms that you describe you should not worry since it is indeed a migraine. Migraines have many causes and can be associated with some other symptoms such as pain throughout the head or some specific area such as forehead, pain in the eye or in one half of the face.

Migraine is generated more often in young people like you because of work or family stress, or by alterations in female hormones, other causes can be caused by elevation of triglyceride and cholesterol by a poor diet. Hypothyroidism, hypertension but these are less frequent for their age, so in your case I think you should not be alarmed but I suggest to perform some tests such as complete hematology, liver profile, lipid profile and female hormone to determine the cause.

In your case I suggest starting with modification of your lifestyle, try to sleep 8 hours a day during the night, lower the level of stress or anxiety, perform a sports activity in the open air as recreation and improve the feeding for pain I suggest tylenol every 8 hours if it does not improve you can take or Motrin 200mg each until you have the results.

I remain attentive if you have any further questions, if you do not have any I hope this information is useful., we would appreciate remember your evaluation of the answer by clicking on 5 stars rating at the top of the screen. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much for the prompt response, it was very helpful.
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor