Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've been on Kilovance for 2 weeks for menopause and I'm…

Hi, I've been on...

Hi, I've been on Kilovance for 2 weeks for menopause and I'm becoming extremely fatigued. I'm working early hours from 4am 4 days a week and normal hours on a Friday. I was tired prior to starting Kilovance but now I need to go to bed by the afternoon and am wondering if it could be a reaction to the medication? Kind regards, Steph

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No not allergic. I take endep 50 at night plus 10mg morning. I'm taking 2 x sandomigran morning and night. I'm also on somac

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I have been tested for sleep apnoea about 6 years ago but nothing.

3/7/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

taking kilovance would not cause you this severe fatigue

you need more testing.

you need thyroid hormone testing, TSH, free T4, and iron and ferritin levels, and also vitamin D levels.

you may need another sleep study

this would not be a typical reaction to kilovance medication

let me know if you have questions.

I forgot to mention that I've had blood tests and they were fine. Thyroid etc.

what is your height and weight?

do you snore?

you may need mores testing to test the other levels I mentioned.

patients who are overweight and snore have a higher risk of having sleep apnea.

if you don't get more testing, you may not find out why you are so fatigued.

I'm not overweight and have a mouth guard for tmj so yes snoring does occur.
Are you saying that Kilovance isn't the cause?

yes, I am saying the kilovance is most likely not the cause of your severe fatigue and sleepiness.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Thank you Dr. I’m relieved to know it’s not the hrt. I’ll ask for those tests to be done. What a great service.