Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Looking to see if the RX drug modafinil is linked to memory…

Customer Question
Second opinion] looking to...

Second opinion] looking to see if the RX drug modafinil is linked to memory problems or cognitive decline

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Modafinil is not linked to any memory problems or cognitive decline. Till now there is no study which has shown these adverse effects with modafinil. In fact, it is used to treat individuals with memory problems or cognitive decline.

So, if a person is getting the eight hours of sleep then Modafinil will not have an effect on the memory. However, if the quantity of sleep is reduced after taking Modafinil then the medication may be responsible for memory problems since we consolidate our memories during sleep.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered

questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above

with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Please let me know if there are any further questions.
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!