Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 38 year old female and I had a benign lipoma removed…

Hello, I am a...

Hello, I am a 38 year old female and I had a benign lipoma removed several months ago from the lower right side of my back (just above buttocks). Approx 1 mos later and intermittently since, I have been experiencing an ache upon standing and walking. There also appears to be another lump forming but I cannot be sure b/c the indention of the scar may just be adding a conclave. It does feel there is yet another. The ache seems to flare up and go away, then flare up again. What does this mean?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

Hard

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have back strain before years back that was treated with physical therapy, but not exactly in that area.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you.

This is most likely due to scar tissue which irritates the local nerves and the possibility of lipoma recurrence is there if you feel a lump there. However it is too early to say that as scar tissue and inflammation itself gives a feeling of lump or swollen nodule. I would recommend to apply ibuprofen cream over it to take care of pain and inflammation and monitor the area for any increase in size or lump like before. Massage the area with warm olive oil twice a day.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
I would love to call you but I am in a room with a crowd waiting for a class to begin. I could call but it would have to be after.
Thank you for your help Dr. Uzair. I will definitely give you a 5-star rating!!!!

My pleasure.

Wish you good health.