Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Feeling very dizzy and unable to walk since monday. got a…

hi feeling very dizzy and...
hi feeling very dizzy and unable to walk since monday. got a head injury.
been to x-tray no fracture and scan also nothing.
the lump are in my middle head and its hurt a bit.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing till now, what happen
3/7/2018
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I am waiting

Sorry to know that. In my opinion your symptoms could be due to concussion.

A concussion is a traumatic brain injury that affects your brain function. Effects are usually temporary but can include headaches and problems with concentration, memory, balance and coordination.

Concussions are usually caused by a blow to the head.

Symptoms can last for days, weeks or even longer.

Rest is the most appropriate way to allow your brain to recover from a concussion. Its recommended that you physically and mentally rest to recover from a concussion.

This means avoiding activities that increase any of your symptoms, such as general physical exertion, sports or any vigorous movements, until these activities no longer provoke your symptoms.

This rest also includes limiting activities that require thinking and mental concentration, such as playing video games, watching TV, schoolwork, reading, texting or using a computer, if these activities trigger your symptoms or worsen them.

For headaches you may take tylenol and for dizziness prochlorperazine is a good choice. It will be fine in a few days time. The lump is likely due to sore soft tissue that should improve with anti inflammatories like ibuprofen.

Hope you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for that, currently they me below medications.
I did get blows to my head, and slight pain in the middle.
prochlorperazine/panadol/naproxen/vitamin b/penicillin.
please advise.
I were scared due to internal bleed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please reply

Sorry for the delay .

Yes these are appropriate medications, you can take them. An internal bleed would have been picked up on the scan. These are concussion symptoms you just need to relax.

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you doctor, I hope I get better soon
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
dear docs
it is normal for biiter taste in my mouth
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor