Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some issue can u please help, I am facing some

Customer Question
I have some issue...

I have some issue can u please help

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I am facing some itching problem on breast

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

I am living in hostel there water is not gud my afce also become balck face i am using cold creams for that

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am applying lotion daily one time for breast at that time it was gud later in the eveng again itching starts how to prevent this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2018
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

I would like to ask few details regarding your symptoms/question to assist you more efficiently.
Since how long do you have this problem?

Is there any pain or swelling in the affected breast?

Any discharge from nipple?

Redness or rash?

No

Thank you very much for the useful information.

The most common cause of itching over the breasts is usually allergy to garments, creams, or any other irritants like perfumes, talcum powders, soaps etc.

I don't think that a lotion only will be able to control this problem.

You should use hypo-allergic soaps (available in the pharmacy); Hypo-allergic moisturizers if there is dryness of skin also.

Use pure cotton undergarments. And take an anti-allergic (and anti-itching) medicine like Claritin (Loratidine) or Bendryl for 5 to 7 days and see how you respond to it.

Most likely this will improve, but if it doesn't, then probably you will need a strong anti-inflammatory agent like a topical steroid cream, but before you use any thing like that I will suggest to have this examined in clinic by the doctor.

Water alone doesn't seem to be the cause, as the problem you have is more localized.

Try the measures I have told you and I am hopeful this will improve.

Was it helpful?

Thanks for visiting JA !

Thanks

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.