Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My psychiatrist prescribes me adderall, valium, gabapentin,

Customer Question
and lamictal. I just messaged...
My psychiatrist prescribes me adderall, valium, gabapentin, and lamictal. I just messaged him recently saying I used medical cannabis because I was feeling ill. I told him anyways since he was going to do a drug screen anyways. I don't abuse my medications, but is there a way I can convince him to let me use cannabis occasionally?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2018
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

If you have used medical cannabis and this is legal in your location then your doctor can definitely be convinced regarding this. Medical cannabis is useful in many conditions and this has been proven in many studies. You can take a printout of various studies done to show its beneficial results and take the literature to your doctor. I am sure that your doctor will let you use cannabis along with your present medications.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered

questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above

with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Please let me know if there are any further questions.
Thank you!

Dear customer,

questions.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yeah I do. I like the idea of using various literatures to help with my condition. I also sometimes I get manic - I am not sure if my lamictal is actually doing anything. I discovered weed calms me down. Besides using literature, how should I approach in my doctor in a manner that is not drug seeking. I am actually not drug seeking, but I don't want to give him that impression. Also I am in california, so it is legal.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also should I tell him if I have used it before? I just messaged him recently telling him a friend helped me out with medical cannabis.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I would not recommend telling him of the previous usage. You should take all the literature and go to him to ask his opinion whether this is something that will be good for you. This way you will come to know of his views. Most likely he will ask you to try and see if it is beneficial. And then after a few weeks, you can tell him that weed calms you down and is beneficial.

Take care.

questions.

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!

Dear customer,

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor