Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Thanks for your answer to my other question. I wanted to…

Hello thanks for your answer...
Hello thanks for your answer to my other question. I wanted to include another quesiton. My wife has this bump n or not sure what it is for about a year. It wont go away, its hard and bumpy and I've included pics.
3/7/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi..it was almost 5 hours and Dr Muneeb Ali was not available. So I thought I would help you out. Hope it is OK with you.

Keeping in mind the appearance of the lesion and the long standing history of almost 1 year, I feel that this looks like an infected eczema.

I feel that there should be a itching, which is making her scratch and this is keeping the lesion active. The small red dot looks like a recent hematoma due to scratching.

Local application of 1% Hydrocortisone cream twice a day, will settle the issue please. But you need to apply it for at least 6 weeks and then make it once a day in the morning along for another 2 weeks and then stop it.

For itching you can take Syrup Benadryl 10ml thrice a day if the itching is uncontrollable as the lesions will be active if rubbed or scratched.

After the Hydorcortisone cream course, it is better to keep the skin moist by moisturizing lotions so that there will not be a recurrence.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD