Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband had blood in urine. Doctor did scope up his penis…

Customer Question
My husband had blood...

My husband had blood in urine. Doctor did scope up his penis today. Been home can't pea. In pain. Seen some drops of blood

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Doctor said could see a grown need set up appt. to take it out

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 4 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Did he take any medicine?

How many hours back did he pass last urine?

Doctor also told him to drink alot of water when we got home from her office. Can't pea

Thank you for the input.

I am very sorry for his symptoms.

Small amount of blood can appear after scope.

Motrin can be taken for pain.

He can try putting alternate hot & cold compress over the lower abdomen.

He may try to pass urine after opening the tap in bathroom.

The sound of running water sometimes help to stimulate urine flow.

Sitting in warm water can also be helpful.

If he can not pass urine after all the measures, or bleeding is too much, he may need catheterization.

I would recommend to take him to ER.

I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

Your satisfaction is my goal.

If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.

Wish him healthy life.

Regards.