Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

On my heart echo this was an abnormal result noted. Aortic…

On my heart echo this...
On my heart echo this was an abnormal result noted.
Aortic Valve Sinus Index 1 my value 12 normal value- 20 - 32 mmWhat is this and why would the value be low?
Is it concerning?
3/7/2018
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you please attach the echocardiogram report here ?

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The second page won't load, it says... EF is 76% measured by single dimension method. Left atrial posterior 37mm. IVC normal size but collapse with inspiration consistent with elevated RA pressure. Trace mitral valve, tricuspid and pulmonary regurgitation. With insufficient tricuspid regurgitation Doppler profile to calculate right ventricular systolic pressure.

Which heart problem you are suffering currently,if any?

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have pulmonary fibrosis and mild pah dx a year ago via cardiac catheterization. I have frequent chest pain and even more frequent palpitations.

Thanks for the information

A reduced aortic valve sinus index indicate a narrowing of the lumen of the sinus

In females this index can normally be slightly less than the males

You need to monitor it serially to look if it get further worse or stays the same

If it get worse then a cardiac cathetrization will be helpful to exactly pin point the problem

This mainly indicate a narrowed lumen of aorta at that site

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please be more clear in terms I may know. Where is this section of the aorta? What causes this narrowing? Is there a name for the condition?

Do you have any previous echo report ?

Regards

This is the proximal area of the aorta from where the coronary arteries arise and this narrowing can be normal as well

I would like to see your past echocardiogram or cardiac catheterization report but as I said it can be essentailly normal

Do you have any other question?

I am available to assist you any further till you are satisfied

If done please leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING

Regard

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My father had a heart attack before the age of 35 and died suddenly from a ruptured AAA he did not know he had at age 67.

Thanks for the information

There is absolutely nothing to worry about as your cardiac catheterization is essentially normal with only a mild elevation of left ventricle end diastolic pressure

There are no features of aortic dilatation or any other abnormality

So you need not to worry about anything

Thank you and regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has been over a year. Why not worry about the possible stenosis? There seem to be no numbers to compare to so if it was normal and now is not...
The reason why you should not worry about stenosis is that your cardiac catheterization study does not indicate any such narrowing so nothing to worry about
Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING
Regards
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor