Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I believe I have the flu. Scratchy th roar, chills, temp of…

Customer Question
I believe I have...

I believe I have the flu. Scratchy th roar, chills, temp of 101.4. I have upper and lower respitory inflammation. I have both psudoephedrin and mucinex md. Can I take these two together to help alleviate the symptoms?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not seen a doctor. Don't take any medications.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I am allergic to sulfa drugs

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing else.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/7/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.

Can you tell me your age?
have a cough?
Do you have trouble breathing?
when the symptoms began

53, have a bad painful cough, some labored breathing after shoveling snow. I’ve had these symptoms for 3 days

please, Allow me a moment while I write your answer.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, for the symptoms that you express impresses a viral process so you can start the mucinex every 12 hours for 5 days or Claritin D (Loratadine / Pseudoephedrine 5 mg-120 mg): 1 tablet orally twice a day for 5 days associated with tylenol every 6 to 8 hours if there is fever, but the mucinex already brings a decongestant so it should not associate it with pseudoephedrine, it is important that during this time maintain a good hydration, rest and nutrition since they are essential for the body to overcome this infectious process, now if this process does not improve in 48 hours, fever 102 is associated, difficulty to breathe I suggest you go to the emergency to indicate an antibiotic.

I remain attentive if you have any further questions, if you do not have any I hope this information is useful., we would appreciate remember your evaluation of the answer by clicking on 5 stars rating at the top of the screen. Thank you!

Regards.