Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had diarrhea for two days, now i have severe stomach…

Customer Question
I have had diarrhea...

I have had diarrhea for two days, now i have severe stomach cramps and nothing comes out.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

The stomach cramps got worse last night. A little vomiting, once or twice in the 3 days.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was told 6 montha ago i have fatty liver. This might be food related.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/6/2018
Doctor: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 5 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

These symptoms are due to a viral bug which lead to diarrhea and now stomach cramps.

There is an inflammation within the stomach when there is diarrhea and or cramps.

This would get better on its own within a few more days .We don't suggest any antibiotics for viral bugs.

You need to make sure that you take a very soft diet comprising of cereals,boiled rice.

Try to avoid anything oily or spicy.

You should be fine in a few days.

If you notice that you are having fever or if the diarrhea gets worse of doesn't improve in a couple of days then it could be possibly due to a bacterial infection requiring antibiotics.

I hope this helps.

Do let me know if you have any more questions for me.

Let me know if you have any questions

And also please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.
Thank you.

Best wishes