Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If I've had a MRI done if my abdomin would if show a

If I've had a...

If I've had a MRI done if my abdomin would if show a abortive anyrism

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Gabipentin and lamictal.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just back pain

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Worse when I lay down. I am experiencing slit of unusual throbbing and over time it's getting worse.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

Ok thank you

Usually the diagnostic modality for abdominal aneurysm is an ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND, which can pick up the aneurysm with reliability. In acute situations, where rupture of an aneurysm is suspected ABDOMINAL CT Scan is the preferred technique.

MRI is generally reserved to study spine for painful conditions like you, but additionally, yes, this can pick up the aneurysm as well.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor