Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How much Biotin is too much to take every day? clondine for…

Customer Question
How much Biotin is...

How much Biotin is too much to take every day?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Clondine for hot flashes, multi vitamin for women, omega 3, garlic, evening primrose, cinnamon and vitamin E

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medical
3/6/2018
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Consultant with over 13 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.

Please note that Normal serum biotin concentrations are around 1500 pmol/L and daily urine biotin excretion is around 160 nmol/day.

The usual Adequate Intake of Biotin should be 8 to 12 mcg daily for children, and 30 mcg daily for adults.

Also, no toxicity effects of biotin have been described, which means that even if a high dose of biotin is taken, it doesn't harm you much. But ideally you should not exceed 30mcg daily.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Click and Give 5 Star Rating (at the top of screen) to my service as this is the only way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor