Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a ache on my scrotum forming painful blisters and…

I have a ache...

I have a ache on my scrotum forming painful blisters and flacky dried skin

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

No flaky skins happens every now and then nothing in my nails

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am active athletically and have had unprotected sex

3/6/2018
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor

Hello. Is this affecting one side, or both sides, of your scrotum? How long have you had it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The ache for a day the blisters just showed up today and only on one side ,

Are you in good health otherwise? Any urinary symptoms or discharge?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Normal colored discharge and urine

Given that, I would suspect a herpes zoster outbreak (shingles). This is the most common cause of a painful, blistering rash on one side of the body. If treated within the first 72 hours, the course and severity can be lessened.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please tell me what my first step is to get checked out and where to get checked out at
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I go to a clinic or to the hospital

Because the pain of shingles is often quite severe and can persist for several weeks or more, it would make sense to go in to a local express care or urgent care clinic. Any doctor can confirm the diagnosis and get you on the right medications (e.g. acyclovir +/- prednisone) to shorten the course and reduce further blistering. He or she can also get you on a pain killer to make you more comfortable and help you to sleep better at night.

Hello. How is your condition today? Have you improved? Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have improved thank you

Great. Thanks for the feedback. And thanks for using JustAnswer. If you have no more questions, a positive rating would be appreciated.

Doctor-Bob

Please don't forget to provide a positive rating. This is the only way I get credit for the time spent helping you.

Best wishes.

Doctor-Bob

Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor