Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Should I fly with cellulitis of the lower leg... I have been…

Customer Question
Should I fly with...

Should I fly with cellulitis of the lower leg... I have been dealing with this for 5 months . Antibiotics were prescribed for only a week at a time until a Dr. stated I need to be on it for a longer period of time. I may have to take an eight hour flight to Europe. Is this advisable

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

This last round of meds has mad a big difference. Swelling has been less since being on meds for 3 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just drug allergy to penicillin, sulpha and ceclor. Mid 60s

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Medical
3/6/2018
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 5 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Just to be sure here--have you had a Doppler venous flow study to check for a deep venous thrombosis--a clot in a leg vein?