Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has had episodes with her stomach for the last 6…

Customer Question
My daughter has had...

My daughter has had episodes with her stomach for the last 6 years she's been to repeated doctors don't want to find any answers but she gets swollen nauseated short of breath sometimes her legs feel numb and she passes out once in awhile but we still haven't found any answers is there anything that we could do to find out what we're dealing with

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

It's not that the doctors don't want to find any answers they just can't seem to find any answers she's had repeated tests but they're still no answers

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She has a bad back and she's had to take medication for pain for quite a few years and also she's diabetic

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
I have been waiting on some type of answer or questions since around two and a half hours could somebody please at least let me know something
3/7/2018
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Does she get panic attacks ?

Have you done a Holter ECG monitoring on her as yet?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Doesn't seem to have panic attacks and she has had a ECG monitor.

She passes out every time she gets swollen and nauseated ?

She doesn't always pass out but she vomits and is in severe pain
My daughter will be here Friday morning so I will be able to answer questions better. I had to take her to the ER so she could deal with the pain and dehydration she is always extremely weak and drowsy for around 2 days afterwards. The episodes are getting more frequent

Thank you for your reply.

The pain you mention is only in the back ?

Or does she get the pain in the joints or abdomen ?

Her pain is in her abdomen she gets bloated so bad then she starts vomiting and she tries to manage the pain at home as long as she can but she eventually always ends up in the ER they give her pain medication put an IV in for a while and then send her back home and she doesn't eat for about 2 days and then it seems to be better for a short time and then same thing happens again

Thank you for your information

What are the endoscopy findings in her case ?

They found lesions on her esophagus also they found lesions and spots on her colon there's a small cyst on your kidney that they said they didn't think it was anything to worry about

Did they biopsy those spots in the colon and esophagus ?

they said they were benign

What were the spots diagnosed as ? There should be a name.

The spots or lesions may be causing her symptoms ? Didn't they mention ?

I'll have to check the paperwork
Here is some of the documents

Hello

Sorry the attachement did not open.

Can you put the text on microsoft word and attach it here?

I've attached 4 images that are screen shots from my chart.

Thank you so much

YOU CAN SEE that IT MENTIONS in your report :

Focal Colitis and Cryptitis in the intestines!

Why would the doctors not think that this causes her symptoms There is a definite co relation between these symptoms and the local intestinal inflammation Symptoms like nausea bloating can be due to that and can subsequently lead to passing out or feeling numb.

I would strongly recommend that her condition needs to be treated with Sulfasalazine group of medications to remove the inflammation. This is not a pain killer but will remove the inflammation out.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.