Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I. For a week now I have needed to go to the toilet very…

For a week now...

For a week now I have needed to go to the toilet very frequently and when I do at the end it is painful. Is this a urine infection or STD

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About a week. I am drinking a lot of water which seems to make a little bit of difference

3/5/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have any other symptom? discharge? fever?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?

18 female no haven’t got any other symptoms & no past illness
Haven’t consulted a doctor I was going to go tomorrow

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Your symptoms are mor like an UTI or urinary tract infection.
However, STD needs to be checked for too.
Drinking plenty of water is good in UTI.
An urinalysis needs to be taken.
I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

You can take Cranberry juice, meanwhile.

Azo tablets can help too for short period.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)