Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have some penile discharge and a little discomfort in my…

I have some penile...

I have some penile discharge and a little discomfort in my urethra such as a slight burn. All my std test have come up as negative

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Clear discharge and slight burn

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I got treated for chlamydia 2months ago. and have taken two more test just recently that both come up as negative now

3/5/2018
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Ok thank you

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have discharge mostly after urination/ bowel movement?

Any ejaculation problem?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Rash on the head of the penis?

Is it foul smelled?

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I'm 24 male
The discharge is usually if I have not gone to the bathroom in a while
Sometimes in the morning
But not alot, I only notice because sometimes when I pee I have to pull apart the area on my head cause it'll be slightly stuck together
There's a slight burn after/during urination
And only rarely will I feel the need to pee more frequently than usual. It's happened a couple times.
I also have to milk the shaft a bit to get all of the urine out cause it feels like it's stuck.
I have no problems ejaculating.
This started maybe a week after I had gotten treatment for Chlamydia . Or it couldve started before I don't think I would have noticed . I felt that my symptoms from Chlamydia had gone away but came back. There is no foul oder and discharge is mostly clear. I am currently not taking any medications. I have not had sex since I've gotten treatment two months ago.

Please allow me just few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, possible causes may include Smegma formation, Non-bacterial Urethritis.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do cool water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.

Pull the foreskin back and clean very well using a washcloth or a Q-tip to get all the smegma out.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.
Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.

Try OTC AZO pills and Cranberry juice.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

I will try what you have recommended. Is it safe to have sex?

Thanks for the follow-up.

You should abstain from sexual activity for a week.

If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor