Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is the best way to make myself wake up early?

Going to bed early may cause one to awaken at an early hour. Humans require 6-8 hours of sleep. Getting into a routine such as going to bed at the same time and leaving window shades up so that the early morning light can filter through your window also helps. Using an alarm clock would be the easiest way.

Read full interaction below »

3/4/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Any thing I can do in particular?

Leaving your windows uncovered to allow morning light into your bedroom and going to bed at the same time each evening.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Humans typically need seven and a half to eight hours of sleep to function at our best. So if you’re not getting enough sleep at night then it will be very difficult for you to get up the next day. It may be not possible for you to sleep early, so, to compensate for the lack of sleep you should try daytime naps. A nap during the day will not disrupt your night-time sleep and increases your total sleep time. You can take relatively short 45-minute naps or longer two-hour naps. So, with naps, your sleep will be sufficient, and you can easily get up in the morning and will not feel sleepy.

Sleep debt due to not getting enough sleep can make it very difficult to wake up in the morning. Therefore, by catching up on sleep debt by taking naps daily, you will be able to easily get up in the morning. Also, napping provides an additional bonus since it helps you think and function better.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Please let me know if there are any further questions.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor