Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I seem to have a yeast infection post intimacy with my

I seem to have...

I seem to have a yeast infection post intimacy with my partner.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No I haven’t. I only take a levothroxine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve had a history of chronic UTI,

3/4/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Do you vaginal discharge? If yes, what is the color and has it smell?

What are your other symptoms, which suspected yeast infection?

Fishy smell.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms are suggestive of bacterial vaginosis. Following are the treatment modalities;

1) Metronidazole (flagyl) and clindamycin have been the drugs of choice.

2) Antiseptics as vaginal suppositories;

a) benzydamine,

b) chlorhexidine,

c) dequalinium chloride,

d) polyhexamethylene biguanide,

e) povidone iodine

f) hydrogen peroxide

3) Probiotics

4) Stop douching or bubble bath, if you do.

5) Avoid liquid soaps and body wash.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

are you able to write a prescription

As we initially discussed, Answers here are for education and information.

Online prescription is illegal.

A personal exam is necessary to write prescription.

You would need some investigations like vaginal swab for the confirmation of the diagnosis.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Thank you.
Helpful information

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.