Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My foreskin has swollen up and it is effecting my urine

My foreskin has swollen...

My foreskin has swollen up and it is effecting my urine stream! I am 78 yrs.old and not circumcised!

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No recent injuries and it happened on a trip from SC to La. I tried some body wash instead of soap at Harrah Casino in Biloxi and noticed the swelling after that!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This has never happened before!

3/4/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is it possible for you to paste a photo?

You may do it as following;
1. Click the paperclip icon
2. Click the Browse icon
3. Click the Browse button
4. Select your file and click Open
5. Click OK
6. Click Insert
7. Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

http://screencast.com/t/eHsvtij7WT

You may have phimosis (prepuce skin is stuck) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of glans and prepuce skin).

You may need local application of antifungal cream.

This is the initial answer.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Wayne,

This seems to be Balanoposthitis (balanitis is inflammation of the glans and posthitis is inflammation of the foreskin).The treatment entails;

1) careful cleansing of the foreskin and glans by warm sterile saline water or with the betadine (available without prescription)

2) warm sitz baths,

3) application of low-dose topical corticosteroids like 0.5% hydrocortisone skin ointment (over the counter product)

4) topical antifungals (OTC) application

5) oral antibiotics may be needed if it seems to be a bacterial infection and infection is severe.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Stay blessed.