Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My friend use to put wax on her eyebrows however now her…

My friend use to...

My friend use to put wax on her eyebrows however now her eyebrows have knots behind them and the hair will not grow out. She says the hair is now growing behind the skin forming the knots. Is this possible and if so how does she get the hairs out

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

Approx 2 years

Nobody is responding so I will cancel my payment
3/3/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about the delay and about your friend.

how old is she?

she should try exfoliating her face and eyebrow area with a mild exfoliating soap like dove and using a mild loofah sponge for washing daily and this can help open up pores in the skin and allow hair to grow out of the skin.

She has done that and it has not worked
She is 53

she may need to see a dermatologist or cosmetic professional

she may need to have areas of subcutaneous wax and sebaceous cysts removed and drained by surgery procedure.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician