Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sharp needle like pain on the right side of my

I have a sharp...

I have a sharp needle like pain on the right side of my chest and occasional thump in my heart should I be worried about a heart attack

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

I am not having an shortness or breath my heart has done this in the past

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a diabetic and thyroid problems

3/3/2018
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Sharp needle like pain on right side of the chest and occasional thump on your left side,these are not the features of a Heart attack or an angina or anything predisposing you to have heart attack in future.

There is a very long list of conditions that can cause these symptoms.It could be simply due to stress,anxiety or it could be musculoskeletal pain.

Pain related to heart does not present like this,so you shouldn't worry about it.

Let me know if you have any more questions for me

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.
You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.
Thank you.

Best wishes

This made me have an ease of mind.

Please don't forget to rate this positively,you simply need to click on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.

Thank you

Best Wishes :)

Medicaldoctor