Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have used too much hypocortisone cream for 4 days on my…

Hi, I have used too...
Hi, I have used too much hypocortisone cream for 4 days on my penis glans for balanitis, and am scared that I have permanently damaged my penis glans as they are extremely wrinkled, in the healing process, do you recommend I use anything to help heal it?
3/2/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern.

I have seen the image you have provided please. It is normal while using hydrocortisonne cream and this will return to normal once you stop using it. The glans looks healthy and pinkish, with normal wrinkling. I do remember the old photograph and it has improved by 80%.

You are on the recovery path and you do not need any more applications on it. Once you stop hydro-cortisone this shininess will go off by itself. The wrinkling is normal. Do not worry please.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today!

Please do remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. This is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and professional work.

Please note that rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thank you..!

A bonus is highly appreciated...!

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thankyou, the redness has gotten better but the wrinkling has gotten much worse. I have stopped Hypocortisone from now on , does this mean the wrinkling will stay this way???? My glans used to be super smooth :(
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will rate 5 stars after response
Hi... Wrinkling will not stay on like this. You will get your super smooth glance within 7 to 10 days of stopping hydrocortisone. You can be very much rest assured about this please. The thinning of the skin will return to normal and in turn it will become very smooth and the wrinkles will disappear please.Meanwhile I do not see any need for you to use anymore local application to make the skin over the glans smooth.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The actual balanitis still remains, what treatment should I have going forward?
Hello... The best antibiotics which can be used for balanitis or either Cephalexin or Amoxicillin clavulanate. Both these are antibiotics or prescription medicines and you will require a doctor's prescription for it.Apply topical clotrimazole if probable candidal balanitis or fungal Balanitis is suspected.Obtain a culture of discharge, then treat empirically with appropriate antibiotics.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD