Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have lost strength in my legs and arms last year I was…

I have lost strength...

I have lost strength in my legs and arms last year I was strong I was a handy man the I had a heart check my doctor entered thru my leg and scoped to my heart the da later I lost feeling in my leg and couldn't walk for several day now I have no strength in my legs I can not climb a flight of stairs or swig a hammer Do I have MS or ALS or how do I ask my doctor what to check fo?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes my father

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabties

3/2/2018
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any back pain?

I think you might have impingement of the spinal cord

this can cause weakness in the arms and legs

have you had this checked?

no I haven't had it checked

that would be the next step in my opinion

is this helpful information?

should I

yes

thank you I will

welcome :)

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Thanks for this question I strive for 5 star service for all customers. If you have more questions, just reply. :)