Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Are there any OTC hormonal pills that will shrink testicles.

Are there any OTC...

Are there any OTC hormonal pills that will shrink testicles. I am 52 and have no interest in fathering children at my age and sometimes they just seem to get in my way.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No, no allergic to any meds

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not really .... I don't believe so.

3/1/2018
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Hormonal pills are not OTC.

But there are plant based sources for estrogens and progesterones. I am not sure if they will shrink the testicles but being female hormones, they would affect your ability to father children.

Food like soyabean, flax seed, Alfalfa Sprouts, Mung Bean Sprouts, Green Beans, White Beans, Black Beans, Pistachios, Walnuts, Peanuts contain high amounts of estrogen.

Some foods like potatoes, salmon,tuna, bananas, spinach, walnuts, beef, chicken,sweet potato, beans and prunes help increase progesterone secretion in the body, even in males.

But i must tell you that supplemental hormones, even plant based ones increase risks for developing conditions like breast cancer, osteoporosis, high cholesterol levels etc.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you need more information. If not, please rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you.

Thank you for all that great information. I didn't realize that all those types of foods have estrogen and progesterone in them already! That is really amazing! I already eat a lot of what you have listed there. Thanks again for the good info!

You are welcome.

Please click on a positive rating (5 stars) to leave feedback.

Thank you.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar