Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been diagnosed with a tooth infection been on

I have been diagnosed...

I have been diagnosed with a tooth infection been on amoxicillin for a week skip a day and the dentist gave me more since it was not gone note am on it for another week last night I noticed a little lumb near my esphogas sore to the touch but it doesn't hurt when I swallow or nothing bit am worried what could this be?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?

My last appointment was on the 19th that's when they gave me amoxicillin I took it all and waited a day the pain was still there a little so they ordered me more on the 27th and am currently on them now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No swelling that I can tell

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have 50 so I guess we have to chat

Dear customer

It is okay if you do not want phone call.That is an automatic offer that is out of my control.

We can continue in chat mode.

I am almost done with my typing Please stay here,I am about to post the answer.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having feeling/noticing a little lump near your esophagus is called as globus sensation.That is persistent or intermittent sensation of feeling of lump or foreign body or something else stuck in throat.Its most common causes are:gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD),abnormalities of the upper esophageal sphincter,stress,psychological or psychiatric disorders.

As you are taking amoxicillin since last few days- this may have caused gastric reflux(GERD).

GERD seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms.

To get relief ,following is recommended for you now:

· Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.

· Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

These can be taken along with amoxicillin. There is no interaction with it.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Am pregnant is that safe to take
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I should do both of these: Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.· Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly. And is it safe am pregnant 6weeks and five days

Tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg is safe to take in pregnancy.

To take pepto bismol you need to consult your doctor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long should I do this for or will it go away on its own?

You can wait for 2-3 days more.

If still the lump persists,then you need to take tab. Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg .

Also let your doctor know what medications you are taking.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK thanks a lot

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long should I take the medicine for before I see an improvement

After taking medicine- the symptoms should improve within 48 hours.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK thank you do much this relieved my fear of something dangerous, it one more ? Am six weeks pregnant and just wiped and seen a little blood what does that mean?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That side if my throat also itches a lot what doors that mean?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does not doors

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

No,there is nothing dangerous or serious about this lump. No concern even if there is itching in throat.

After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. This will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding.It occurs when an egg has been fertilized and implants into the lining of the uterus.It is fairly common with pregnancy.Twenty to thirty percent of women will have spotting during early pregnancy.So the spotting/little bleeding you are having is called implantation bleeding and is absolutely normal.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it also had a little pain when I move my head in a up right position or when I touch the lumb and my jaw line is tender
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll be seven weeks Friday implantation bleeding should be fine although I never had it before finding out I was pregnant and I had a miscarriage in 2013

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The pain,itching & tenderness will subside as you take the medication & the GERD (gastric reflux)will get treated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Over not fine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you you're a great help

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your welcome

Thank you.

If you are done,then please leave a positive rating (3 or more stars) for my answer above the chat box.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll get some zantac tomorrow and I'll ask my doctor on March 7th about the pepto
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will is there a way to save this conversation

Yes,exactly.

Thank you.

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor