Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Taken 2 tablets of tramadol last night (100mg) feel dizzy…

Taken 2 tablets of...

Taken 2 tablets of tramadol last night (100mg) feel dizzy and a bit nauseous today is this normal?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No other meds just took tramadol to help with bad back pain

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No other

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

60 yrs old generally healthy

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for waiting.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Yes, it is possible.
Tramadol can cause nausea, vomiting.
In large dose, it can cause dizzy feeling.
Please take plenty of fluid.
Have adequate rest.
If the symptoms prolong, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
In most cases, the effect will be over in a few hours & you will feel better.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

thank you for that. wht do you mean large dose? I took 2 tablets last night each 50mg - 100mg total and how long will this last or when should I seek medical help if the symptom continues for how long?

Did you take two 100 mg. tablets at a time?

no took 2 tablets - each one was 50mg total of 100mg. I took it last night at 9:30pm ..its the next day here its 10:30 am now and I feel dizzy and a bit nauseous
hi are you there?

Total 100 mg. is not a large dose.
Nausea can occur from smaller dose too.
Dizzy feeling should be less in next 3-4 hours.
If it persists, please contact your doctor for an examination.

ok thanks

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)