Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My blood preasure is 168_ 88 and the pulse 81. I had high…

My blood preasure is...

My blood preasure is 168_ 88 and the pulse 81. I had high blood preassure but it is controlled by medications Atenolol 50mg + 25mg/ day Hydrochlorotyacide. Today I felt Ok except I had a constant headake. I am 69 year old woman but with a very good health. Never have been sick. Except a recent surgery (Feb 2nd) Hernia repair

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

How can I lower my blood preassure

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Just that during the 4 days at the hospital. (Feb 2 to 5) they did not give me any medications. But since the surgery I have been fine. It is just today with the headake and I just thought about the blod preassure a few minutes ago

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/24/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How is your usual blood pressure?

When did you last consult doctor?

Do you have any other symptom?

I will be waiting

Please reply-

How is your usual blood pressure?

When did you last consult doctor?

Do you have any other symptom?

Your phone request has failed.

I am sending the answer.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
High blood pressure can cause headache.
There can be other issues like stress, anxiety, a viral infection etc.
You need to take an examination by doctor.
The dose of your blood pressure medicine like atenolol may need to be increased.
Medicines from other groups like ACE inhibitor or ARBs may need to be added.
This will be decided after clinical examination.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you I will go to my doctor on Monday my usual blood preassure is, depending on the time of the day
Systolic between 120 and 130 and diastolic between 65 and 80

You are always welcome.

Your usual blood pressure is good.
Sudden rise can be from anxiety, stress, recent illness.
Sometimes, no cause can be found too.
Please try to take your medicine regularly at approximately the same time.
Your doctor would recheck it & decide about the proper dose.

Thank you

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Thank you I am looking it up

You can see the rating button on the upper left corner.
Please click 5 star button so that I can get credit for helping you.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)