Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got a pretty bad bruise on my Breast from my daughter

throwing stuff at me and...
I got a pretty bad bruise on my Breast from my daughter throwing stuff at me and I noticed that where part of the bruise is I have a couple big lumps. What would this be? Could it be fat necrosis?
2/20/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having a couple big lumps at site of bruise is most likely due to a condition called hematoma.

A hematoma is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels usually in liquid form within the tissue.

A hematoma usually is not a cause for concern.Apply gentle heat with warm towels, a hot water bottle, or a heating pad. The heat is applied for 20 minutes at a time to promote absorption and repair.Hematoma will resolve by itself within few days.

There is nothing serious or dangerous about this.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

well that part of my breast usually has bigger lumps anyway probably because I am breast feeding. But these lumps are hard and move. Could it be anything else? It isn’t on the whole bruise just part of it

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

When the bleeding causes a raised area, the area is called a "hematoma.” A bruise may have a bump or knot in the middle.

This is most likely due to hematoma.

Nothing of concern here.Please do not worry.

It is not due to cancer or anything serious.

If the injury happened within last 48 hours then apply ice . If it is more then 48 hours,then you need to apply ice.

Within few hours,this hematoma will subside.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I have had the bruise for a couple days so I am not sure how long the lumps have been there. How long do they last if you do apply ice?

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

If you apply ice in first 48 hours,these lumps subside in next 24 hours.

But do not worry. As you have the bruise for a couple days, I advise you to apply the heat as described above, This helps in quick healing & the lump -hematoma & the bruise will subside very soon.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
No that’s it! Thank you!

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh