Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I got a massage 2 days ago and woke up today with a lot of…

I got a massage...

I got a massage 2 days ago and woke up today with a lot of pain in my glute muscles. He did use his elbow to apply pressure but just needing to know it could be from the massage

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

Just started today so went for a run and it made it worse

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I’ve been having anxiety attacks the last few days so makes my muscles tense at times but that’s all

2/19/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Is there any swelling? redness?

When did you feel the pain?

Do you have any other health issue?

How old are you?

No swelling or redness.. it was just tender this morning and Increased thru the day. I’m 33 year old female
History of anxiety/ depression . No orthopedic issues as far as I know

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Trauma from massage can get worse after some time.
There can be inflammation of tissues.
Other possibility can be nerve impingement.
Please avoid exertion now.'
Strain will make the pain worse.
You can apply ice wrapped in towel now.
Motrin or advil can be taken to reduce the pain.

If the symptom does not improve, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Ok how many days should I give it ?

It can take a few days to a week to improve.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)