Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I want to identify something I find in my stools on a

I want to identify...

I want to identify something I find in my stools on a regular basis

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Obdominal pain in right side

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

A couple of years. Have had gallbladder tested. It is intermittant

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Pain is intermittant gallbladder tested ok. See something in my stools that I think might be a tapeworm segment.

Answered in 1 hour by:
2/18/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD

Hi...Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani from India. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hello...I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?

2. Did you get your stool tested for parasites or ova anytime in these two years?

3. Have you been diagnosed as being anemic at any time till now?

4. Are you experiencing and appetite loss or weight loss?

5. May I have a look at the supposed tape worm segment which you are mentioning please?

Please get back to me with reports so that I can guide you better.

I am female, 69 years old, I had stools tested two times, they were negative. I am not anemic nor do I have appetite loss.

Hello.. I have the seen the image and analyzed the clinical history points which you have provided.

This looks like a normal fecal matter pellet and smooth lined.

But internally it might be a cyst.

As you are not anemic and no other symptoms and moreover stool routine has been inconclusive twice I suggest that you can be rest assured please.

So as of now we can wait.

Hope I have attended to your query to your satisfaction.

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you please.

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD