Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m 15 years old and the upper right side of my chest hurts…

I’m 15 years old and...
I’m 15 years old and the upper right side of my chest hurts and feels as if there is pressure when I move my head in certain positions and in certain positions that I move, this has been happening for around 3 weeks now and comes and goes , I have anxiety all the time now trying to figure out what it can be, I also have a cough with congestion, which sometimes gives me discomfort in the chest but rarely does , the affected area is not tender and does not hurt to Touch , what can it be? I’m really worried :(
2/18/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Thank you doctor , I’ll be waiting for your response

Do you have nausea?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Thanks

I don’t have nausea , the pain is bearable on a grade of 1 to 10 it is a 5 or sometimes a 6 , and yes I have anxiety and severe stress

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem

Well, I understand that you get pain in chest with movements.

This can be related with muscle pull or nerve compression.

Please stop worrying and be relaxed. It is not indicative of any serious issue.

No need to get panic. You are absolutely safe and healthy.

If required, you can take OTC Tylenol.

At such young age, please don't worry at all.

As a Physician I am confident, that it is not related with any serious issue.

You should laugh more or watch a comedy or read a funny book.

You should connect with friends and family, You can make plans to meet for dinner or coffee.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I also had tonsillitis around 4 weeks ago I got antibiotics, do you think this may have contributed to the chest pain ?

As such, Tonsillitis would not cause such chest pain.

Most likely cause, can be Muscle pull or Nerve compression. Please be relaxed and stop worrying.

It is not indicative of any serious issue.

You are safe. Please don't think you are a sick person.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Thank you doctor , I Appreciate you’re advice and I will take it into consideration, thank you for you’re time , a deserved 5 star rating :)

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Thank you , and god bless you too !

Most Welcome.