Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a large floater show up in my right eye today about…

I had a large...

I had a large floater show up in my right eye today about 2:00 pm. Also I’m seeing a small flash if light in my right eye when I turn my head from side to side. I’m a male, 63 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Just started today

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. BP was 132/88 a few minutes ago.

2/18/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Well, In medical terms it is called as eye floaters.

To most people, they appear grey or dark in color.
These "floaters" look like spots. To others, they look like tiny threads.The density of different eye floaters will vary within an individual eye.

However sudden appearance of many floaters, along with flashes of light, or other vision problem, may be serious issue like-detached retina. Sometimes they can be a symptom of a retinal tear

Most eye floaters decrease in size and darkness with time .
Most spots and floaters in the eye are harmless and merely annoying. Many will fade over time and become less bothersome.

There are no safe and proven methods to get rid of the symptoms of eye floaters , when the eye floaters are due to white blood cells in the vitreous from inflammation or infection, anti-inflammatory drugs or antibiotics will reduce the number of white blood cells.

To rule out any serious issue and to be on safe side , I would advise you to get it checked in ER.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you. I’ve always had small filters, but this one is larger and the flash of light when I turn my head just started today. Do I need to go to an emergency room now or can it wait till Monday to see my doctor?
My peripheral vision is ok.

Well, if you are not getting increased flashes of light/ diminished vision, than you can wait till Monday.

From this description, you can wait till Monday and get it checked.

God bless you and take care.

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Thank you Dr. Josh!

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com