Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had right sided abdominal pains off and on for 4

months. They are dull pinching...
I have had right sided abdominal pains off and on for 4 months. They are dull pinching type pains that only last a few seconds and disappear. The migrate all over my right abs from the bottom of my ribs to my hip bone, around my side and into my mid back. Does this sound like nerve pains?
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Please reply to the following queries to answer you better.
How old are you? Male/ Female?
Do you have any other symptom?

How are stool and urine?

How frequently does it happen?

Do you feel any abdominal distension?
Any other past illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any medicine?
I shall answer your question soon after I get those information.
Thank you.

I am a 40 year old female. I had a perianal abscess drained in November. My stool and urine are ok, I notice the pains more when I have to have a bowel movement sometimes but not always. It happens off and on through out the day. I don't notice it when I'm not thinking about it. It's been very worrisome for me so I notice it more when my anxiety goes up because of it. No abdominal distention or past illnesses. I am hypothyroid but taking 150mcg of levothyroxine daily. I have had 2 CT scans done that showed a subcentimeter cyst on my renal parenchyma, and the perianal abscess. It also showed a cyst on my right ovary. On the 2nd CT scan, it reported my kidney was normal. It didn't mention the cyst again. All of my bloodwork was normal. The Dr's ran a full CBC and CMP three times and all with normal results. I followed up with an ultrasound of my ovaries and HIDA scan for my gallbladder. Both of which came back normal. I have been under a massive amount of stress for the past year, and I was prescribed 5, yes 5, rounds of antibiotics for the abscess. It was drained after none of the antibiotics were successful. The perianal abscess has since come back, not as bad, but will seem to get much better, then fill up, pop and drain again.

When did you have last tests?

Do you take any medicine now?

My last bloodwork and CT scan was 7-30-17
As of right now, I only take my Synthroid.
I do take Metamucil 2tsp in 8oz of water twice daily as well. I did start this right about the time the pains in my right side started.
I should add too that I have really bad health anxiety. I am very scared as to what could be causing this. I notice the pains are worse when I am worrying.
The HIDA scan was in November. All the results where normal.

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The pain does not sound like a serious issue.
Nerve pain would not spread over such large area.
There can be intestinal cramps from gas.
Irritable bowel syndrome is possible.
It can be related to anxiety & stress.
You can discuss with your doctor about prescribing mild anxiolytic or sedative.
You can try Gas X , meanwhile.
It would help to reduce gas, cramps.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Thank you so very much!

You are always welcome.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.

I sent in a 5 star rating. :) I really appreciate your time.

I am sorry.

I have not received it yet.

Please click on it in the chat box.

Thank you.

I don't see the chat box anymore. When I clicked on the stars, it disappeared. Can you send it again?

Please check whether you can see it now.

It says that I gave a 5 star rating. :)

May be there was some technical issue.

Let me wait.

Thank you for the rating.

Will you let me know if it doesn't show up? I will make sure I can rate you.

I am very sorry for disturbing you.

It is not showing up still.

You can contact our customer care that the rating system is not working.

Thank you.

I will do that. Thank you. If it doesn't show up soon, please let me know. I will make sure you get the rating.