Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

MALE and want to have breasts, however I don't now were to…

I AM A MALE...

I AM A MALE and want to have breasts, however I don't now were to start,

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

None

2/16/2018
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Actually, there are a couple of methods in which you can get breasts. The first one is a complete gender transition in which you would start to use hormones for a prolonged period of time. This would constitute as hormonal replacement therapy. This would include using estrogens, progestins, and anti-androgens to suppress your natural testosterone production. This can take up to 3-4 months to start producing results. However, the breasts which appear as a result of this would also lead to shrinking of your testicles and penis.

If you do NOT want to change your gender and just want breasts, then the safest and easiest way to get them would be to get a breast implant surgery done. This would not require any medications etc and would not affect the other organs in the body.

So basically your two options are to start using hormones or to get surgery. The first step in this would be to talk to your doctor and if surgery is the option you go for then a plastic surgeon would be necessary and if hormones are the one you go for then you would need to visit a urologist and also a Gynecologist specializing in gender reassignment. However, even your primary care physician can start you on the hormone replacement therapy.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.